What is an Own Ambassador Invitation Link?
An Own Ambassador invitation link is a URL link that is generated within your Activate Community Settings that you can send to any potential Ambassadors! The link will take the Ambassador to your sign up page, where they can apply to become your ambassador.
You will find your Own ambassador invitation link in Settings > Activate Community - this links takes visitors to a page personalised with your brand imagery and welcome text, and anyone who signs up through this becomes your Own Ambassador.
💡When an Ambassador signs up using your Own Ambassador invitation links they will be shown as an "Own Ambassador", meaning that they were invited to the app by your Brand! You can report on these ambassadors separately and see all their information, and your brand will always be showed on top for these ambassadors in the app, and they receive prioritised notifications from you.
Where Should I Share my Own Ambassador Invitation Link?
You should share your invitation links anywhere you can find prospective ambassadors in your brand network or community, from Newsletters to an Instagram post. Check out some great examples and more advice in our Ultimate Guide to Building a Brand Community.
What are Segment URLs?
Segment URLs are invitation links that will automatically place an Ambassador in the chosen segment once their application is accepted.
For example, if a "Customer" segment is created, a segment URL can be generated and placed in all order confirmation emails. Any Ambassadors that follow this link will automatically be placed in the "Customer" segment.
Segment URLs are a great way to track and manage your community and ensure that you are tailoring your missions to specific audiences, and you track where your best Ambassador's in the "Customer" segment may not need to be sent a freebie to begin generating content!
How Do I Create an Own Ambassador Invitation Link?
1. Go to Settings > Activate Community
2. Select the button "+Create a new invitation link"
3. Click "Add Segment" and create a new segment based on the types of activation activities you have planned, e.g. Newsletter, or Landing Page etc
4. Once you have created segments for all your activation plans, click on the drop down menu and select one of your new segments like 'Newsletter', or 'Landing Page' etc.
5. When you have chosen your segment, you also have the option of personalising the invitation links with the toggles below.
6. If you're happy keeping it sweet and simple, just click the "Save Settings" button and a random URL will be generated for each of your invitation links
💡If you edit the settings of your invitation link after it has been created, a new URL link will be generated & the links cannot be personalised
What do my Ambassadors see?
When sending your invitation links to Ambassadors, they will click through to your landing page to sign up!
The landing page for every brand will look different dependent on your chosen text and images, however it may look something like this:
Desktop version of the landing page -
App version of the landing page -