To get full value of the Brandbassador we recommend a full integration like the one offered through our Magento 1 integration. This integration allows your ambassadors to create personalised discount codes and tracking links, earn commission on sales generated and automatically withdraw gift card they have earned. It also allows you to track the revenue generated.
Here's a screencast video showing the steps below: https://recordit.co/G7b77NX6om.
FIRST STEP: Install the WooCommerce plugin in your webshop
- In order to integrate your WooCommerce e-commerce store with Brandbassador first download the WooCommerce plugin
2. Install the plugin by going Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin > Choose File (choose the downloaded WooCommerce Brandbassador Plugin .zip file). > Install Now > Activate Plugin
SECOND STEP - Insert your authentication code to connect Brandbassador
- Go to Settings > Integrations in your Brandbassador platform, insert your discount code percentage and click 'Add Webshop' next to 'WooCommerce'.
- Select the base currency of your webshop and click 'Save Currency'. If you have multiple webshop with different currencies you go through this flow once for each of your webshops.
- You have now received your authentication key, which allows the WooCommerce plugin in your webshop to communicate with the Brandbassador API. You'll have to paste it in your webshop before you move on with testing connection, so copy it now.
4. In your webshop admin go to WooCommerce > Settings > Integration and paste the Authentication Key copied from the BB admin and click Save changes. The API Key Back should appear, which means that the integration was successful.
5. Then test your connection on Brandbassador by going back to Settings > Integrations > Test Connection.
All green ticks and you're ready to go!
Below, there are two lists of actions / filters our plugin uses.
You can find out more about WooCommerce hooks by visiting the following link:
💡 In order for 'Tracking links' to work the reference have to be in the URL when the page is loaded. If you for example have multiple webshops and re-direct your customer based on IP location you have to ensure the reference parameter is kept in the URL on redirection. You can read more about that here.